- 240g (1 1/4 cups) couscous
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (about 150g each) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 40g (1/4 cup) pistachio kernels, finely chopped
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- Step 1Place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Bring stock, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil to the boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Pour stock mixture over couscous. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate grains.
- Step 2Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of salmon with Moroccan seasoning. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook salmon for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Step 3Add the pistachios, tomato, mint and lemon rind to the couscous. Toss to combine. Divide the couscous mixture among serving plates. Top with salmon.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sonja Bernyk
- Image credit: Chris Jones
- Publication: Australian Good Taste