- 2791 kj Energy
- 31g Fat Total
- 9g Saturated Fat
- 5g Fibre
- 39g Protein
- 139mg Cholesterol
- 579.09mg Sodium
- 14g Carbs (sugar)
- 56g Carbs (total)
Moroccan rissoles with minted cucumber saladPrint Recipe
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated, excess moisture removed
- 1 brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan Seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons mint sauce
- 70g (1/4 cup) natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, extra
- 4 pieces Lebanese bread
- Step 1Place mince, zucchini, onion, garlic, currants, seasoning, coriander and egg in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix until well combined. Divide into 8 equal portions. Shape each portion into a patty.
- Step 2Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add half the patties and cook for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Repeat with the remaining patties, reheating the pan between batches.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine the cucumber, onion, mint sauce, yoghurt and extra coriander in a bowl. Serve the rissoles with the cucumber salad and bread.
Cook’s tip: To remove excess moisture from the zucchini, use your hands to squeeze the grated zucchini over a bowl. Serving tip: For a different way to serve, divide rissoles and salad among the Lebanese bread and roll up to enclose.
- Author: Heidi Flett
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste