- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Moroccan spice
- 24 medium green prawns, peeled, with tails intact and butterflied
- 200ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 30g butter
- 1 cup (200g) couscous
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 300g red grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, spice and prawns, marinate for 30 mins. Bring stock and butter to the boil in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat.
- Step 2Add the couscous, cover and set aside for 3 minutes. Fluff with a fork to separate the grains.
- Step 3Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion for 5 mins until slightly caramel around the edges. Increase heat, add tomatoes and toss for 1 min.
- Step 4Add couscous and continue to cook for another minute. Fold through parsley and almonds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5Chargrill the prawns for 20 seconds each side or until they are golden. Serve the couscous topped with prawns and lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Saskia Hay
- Image credit: Tanya Zouev
- Publication: Fresh Living