- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (see tip)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 2 x 37g boxes dried fruit (apricots and sultanas)
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 1/2 cups white long-grain rice
- 2 Massel chicken style stock cubes
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1/2 x 100g packet slivered almonds dried chives, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Cook mince, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Step 2Add seasoning. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add dried apricot mixture, chives and rice. Stir to combine. Add crumbled stock cubes, 1 cup orange juice and 11/2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with almonds and chives. Serve.
Tip: Take frozen beef mince and thaw in the esky.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas