- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 900g Coles Boneless Lamb Leg Roast, excess fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 2 cups salt-reduced beef stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pinch saffron threads
- 2/3 cup dried apricots
- Buttered couscous, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- 1/4 cup Coles Brand Australian Almonds, chopped, toasted
- 1/2 cup coriander sprigs
- Step 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook lamb, in 3 batches, for 3-4 mins or until browned all over. Transfer to a 4.5L slow cooker.
- Step 2Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 mins or until soft. Add the seasoning and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant. Add to the slow cooker.
- Step 3Add the stock, honey, cinnamon and saffron. Cook, covered, on low for 7 hrs. Add the apricots and cook, covered, on low for 1 hr.
- Step 4Serve with couscous and green beans, sprinkled with almonds and coriander.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Freeze without couscous, beans, almonds and coriander for up to 3 months.
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles