- 2/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 180g lamb backstrap, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ras el hanout (see note) or Moroccan seasoning
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 26cm gluten-free pizza base (see note)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- Step 1Combine the yoghurt, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and mint in a bowl. Season with salt. Chill until required.
- Step 2Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Step 3Place the chopped lamb, ras el hanout or Moroccan seasoning, garlic, red onion, sea salt and freshly ground pepper into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is coarsely minced.
- Step 4Place the pizza base on a baking tray. Scatter the lamb mixture, pine nuts and tomato over the pizza base. Place in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes until lamb is cooked through and tomatoes have softened. Remove from oven, scatter with the chopped coriander and drizzle over remaining lemon juice. Serve with the mint yoghurt.
Ras el hanout is from Middle Eastern food shops. Gluten-free pizza bases are from supermarkets.
- Author: Olivia Andrews
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley & Amanda McLauchlan
- Publication: Taste.com.au