- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 250g pkt pearl couscous
- 700g beef scotch fillet steaks, fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g red grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Greek dressing or lemon dressing
- Step 1Bring stock to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Add couscous. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed. Spread over a lined baking tray. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine beef, seasoning and 1 tablespoon of oil in a bowl. Toss to coat. Thread onto 12 metal or soaked bamboo skewers. Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook skewers, in 3 batches, for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked.
- Step 3Add the tomato, coriander and mint to the couscous. Pour over dressing. Toss to combine. Serve with skewers.
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sonja Bernyk
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste