- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g Coles Butcher 3 star beef mince
- 300g red washed potatoes, each cut into 8 pieces
- 2 medium (200g) carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed (2 tablespoons)
- 20g fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons Coles brand Italian red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Campbell's real beef stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed Coles brand brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fountain soy sauce
- 2 cups (100g) finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups (100g) finely shredded green drumhead cabbage
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves (from a bunch)
- 1 tablespoon classic Asian rice wine vinegar
- Step 1Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Pinch off large bite-size pieces of the beef mince and add them to the pan. Cook until the beef begins to form a dark brown crust and the juices evaporate, about 5 mins. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a bowl. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat.
- Step 2Add potatoes and carrots to the pan and stir to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 mins, or until golden brown, but still firm. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 min, stirring constantly so they don’t burn. Return beef to pan. Add the red wine vinegar and cook for about 30 secs, or until vinegar evaporates.
- Step 3Add the stock. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 12 mins, or until potatoes are just tender. Stir in sugar and soy sauce. Cover and simmer until potatoes and carrots are just tender but not mushy, about 3 mins. Uncover and simmer for 2 mins, or until the sauce reduces just enough to glaze the beef and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4In a large bowl, toss cabbages, coriander, rice vinegar, and remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Step 5Spoon beef mixture into four shallow bowls. Mound the slaw alongside and serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Curtis Stone
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles