- 2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20g butter
- 4 eschalots, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, quartered
- 200g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 50g feta, crumbled
- Fresh thyme leaves, to serve
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Layer pastry sheets on prepared tray. Press to seal. Using a sharp knife, score 1.5cm border around pastry (don’t cut all the way through). Prick centre with a fork. Brush with egg. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden and puffed.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add eschalots and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add mushroom and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or until mushroom is just tender and liquid has almost evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Step 3Using a slotted spoon, transfer mushroom mixture to centre of pastry. Top with feta. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and puffed. Stand for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with thyme. Serve with salad.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas