- 375g pkt fresh fettuccine
- 40g butter
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 2 bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g flat mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 300g button mushrooms or cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup (160g) sour cream
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (25g) parmesan, finely grated
- Step 1Cook the fettuccine in a saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat the butter in a deep frying pan over high heat. Add the leek and bacon and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until leek softens. Add the garlic and combined mushroom. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until mushroom is tender.
- Step 3Add the sour cream and reserved cooking liquid. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until smooth and heated through. Add the fettuccine to pan with half the chives and half the parmesan. Toss to combine. Taste and season.
- Step 4Top fettuccine with remaining chives and parmesan to serve.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles