- 4 (x 100g) beef minute steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1kg chat potatoes
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 3 chargrilled capsicums
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeds removed, sliced
- 50g whole roasted almonds, chopped
- Step 1Rub steaks with paprika and 1 tablespoon oil, then season. Set aside.
- Step 2Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium and cook for 12-15 minutes until tender, adding beans for the final 2 minutes. Drain, quarter potatoes and set aside.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place capsicums, chilli, vinegar, one-third of the tomato, 30g almonds and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a small food processor and whiz until a loose paste. Season to taste, then set dressing aside.
- Step 4Preheat a chargrill or frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the steaks for 30 seconds each side or until just cooked through. Remove from the pan and rest, loosely covered with foil, for 2 minutes.
- Step 5Toss the beans, potato and remaining tomato and almonds with the dressing and season. Divide the Romesco salad among 4 serving plates and serve with steaks.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Phoebe Wood
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste.com.au