Author Notes: I was eating watermelon the other day and it dawned on me to make a cocktail based on the way I like to eat watermelon, with salt, or something salty. the mint just gives it a ldepth of freshness. —talmany
cups pureed watermelon
cup kosher salt
- Puree watermelon and strain
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, shake puree, vodka, and 8 mint sprigs till very cold.
- Wet the rim of four glasses and dip glass onto a salt covered plate
- Divide beverage amongst glasses
- Garnish with mint sprig and enjoy