- 250g sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 5 eggs, lightly whisked
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 1 x 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 2 x 125g cans corn kernels, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 75g feta, crumbled
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
- Bought lime aioli, to serve
- Baby cos lettuce leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook the sweet potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, spray eight 125ml (1/2-cup) capacity muffin pans with olive oil spray. Line the bases with non-stick baking paper. Combine the egg, milk, tuna, corn, chives, feta and half the parmesan in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Add the sweet potato. Stir gently to combine. Divide the mixture evenly among the prepared pans. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden and set. Serve with aioli and baby cos lettuce.
Freezing tip: Cool and wrap individually in plastic wrap. Freeze for up to 3 months. ((( Variation ))) Mini salmon, corn & potato frittatas: Replace the sweet potato with Desiree potato. Replace the tuna with canned salmon, drained, flaked. Replace the chives with basil. Replace the feta with fresh ricotta. Serve with mixed salad leaves and avocado.
- Author: Cynthia Black
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Australian Good Taste