- 1/4 cup finely chopped pitted prunes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried figs
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons port
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 litre vanilla ice-cream, softened
- grated white chocolate, to serve
Warm chocolate sauce
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup pure cream
- Step 1Place prunes, figs, cranberries, port, sugar, cinnamon, mixed spice, orange rind and juice in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool completely.
- Step 2Place ice-cream in a large bowl (reserve container). Add fruit mixture. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold through fruit mixture to create a rippled effect.
- Step 3Spoon ice-cream mixture back into reserved container. Cover surface with plastic wrap, then lid. Freeze overnight or until firm.
- Step 4Make Warm chocolate sauce: Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, or until melted and smooth.
- Step 5Using a teaspoon, scoop ice-cream and divide between 12, 1/2 cup-capacity serving glasses. Drizzle with warm chocolate sauce. Sprinkle with white chocolate. Serve.
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas