- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, grated
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 tablespoon no added salt tomato paste
- 300ml Massel beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 60g All-Bran Original
- 700g sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives, plus extra to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan forced. Heat the oil in a large non stick pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery, cook stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, cook for 1 minute more.
- Step 2Add the beef mince, cook breaking the mince up with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes or until mince is browned. Add the tomato paste, cook stirring for 1 minute. Add the stock and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the All-Bran Original, simmer for 5 minutes more or until thickened.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain well, return to saucepan, mash until smooth, stir through the chives.
- Step 4Spoon the mince mixture into 4 individual 250ml (1 cup) ovenproof ramekins. Top each with a quarter of the mashed sweet potato. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Scatter over extra chives and serve immediately.
- High fibre
- High protein
- Low carb
- Lower gi
This recipe provides 10.3 g fibre/serve, 34% of recommended Daily Intake.
- Author: taste.com.au
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Taste.com.au