Author Notes: These mouth-watering quiches make such a delicious snack. We’ve made the base out of almonds and gluten free oats and the filling is eggs, sun dried tomatoes, kale and red onion with a dash of nutritional yeast.
The recipe can be found here – http://www.mynutricounter.com/recipe-mini-quiche-tarts/ —Nikki Brown
For the cases:
grams ground almonds
grams gluten free oats
milliliters coconut oil
For the filling:
pieces egg whites
pieces sundried tomatoes
tablespoons nutritional yeast
teaspoon ground black pepper
piece Fresh dill to garnish
piece red onion, sliced
- Place all the case ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined. If the mixture is too sticky, add more ground almonds.
- Preheat the oven to 170C/340F.
- Grease your cake tins and place a tablespoon of the mixture into each tin. Push it along the sides and the base until all of the tin is covered. Repeat with all 12 tins.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile start making the filling. Gently fry the onion and kale until softened.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, nutmeg and black pepper until combined, then add in the nutritional yeast, onion, kale and sundried tomatoes.
- When the bases are ready remove for the oven and fill each of them with the filling mixture.
- Place back into the oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Top with fresh dill to garnish.