- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 700g fruit cake
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 250g white chocolate melts
- 40 assorted coloured mini jelly beans
- Step 1Place dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Step 2Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add dark chocolate, orange juice and sugar. Stir to combine. Cover. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Step 3Roll level tablespoons of cake mixture into balls. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper, flattening bases slightly so they sit on trays. Refrigerate until firm.
- Step 4Melt white chocolate following method in step 1. Cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle over puddings to form ‘custard’ (see tip). Decorate with jelly beans.
- Diabetes friendly
- High carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
When topping puddings with ‘custard’, work in batches of 10 at a time so the ‘custard’ doesn’t set before adding jelly beans.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Publication: Super Food Ideas