- 800g beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 rashers middle bacon, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Green beans, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan-forced. Grease an 8-hole, 3/4 cup-capacity, mini loaf pan.
- Step 2Combine mince, onion, bacon, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, chives and 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Press mixture into prepared pan holes.
- Step 3Bake for 15 minutes. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Combine tomato sauce and remaining barbecue sauce in a bowl. Turn meatloaves out onto prepared tray. Brush with sauce mixture. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Serve with mash and beans.
Place cooled cooked meatloaves in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in fridge overnight. Reheat meatloaves, 1 at a time, in microwave on medium (50%) for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas