- 600g beef mince
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon extra-hot chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 2/3 cup grated tasty cheese
- 4 crusty bread rolls, split
- Bottled tomato salsa, to serve
- Extra coriander sprigs, to serve
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 small tomato, seeded, finely chopped
- Step 1Combine the mince, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, paprika, chilli sauce and coriander in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Shape into 1cm-thick patties. Place on a baking paper-lined plate. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Step 2Heat oil on a barbecue hotplate or large frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, make Guacamole: Mash avocado with lime juice until combined. Stir in tomato. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Arrange lettuce, patties, Guacamole and cheese on roll bases. Top with tomato salsa, coriander sprigs and roll tops. Serve.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Try adding 1 finely chopped chilli into your guacamole for extra bite.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas