- Canola oil cooking spray
- 240g packet flour tortillas
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder (see tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon Massel beef style stock powder
- 300g can Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup
- 420g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 small carrot, peeled, grated
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Spray a 6-hole, 3/4-cup capacity texas muffin pan with oil. Microwave tortillas on high (100%) for 1 minute or until warm. Press 1 tortilla into each muffin hole (overlapping tortilla on 1 side to fit). Spray with oil. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add chilli powder and stock powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add soup, beans, carrot and 1/3 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened.
- Step 3Make guacamole Combine avocado and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Spoon mince mixture into tortilla cases. Dollop with guacamole. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Tip: For more heat, add an extra 1 teaspoon of Mexican chilli powder.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Penny Clay
- Publication: Super Food Ideas