- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimenton) (see note) or regular paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) tomato passata (see note)
- 1 cup (160g) shredded roast turkey
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeds removed, chopped
- 1/4 telegraph cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 avocados
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 4 crunchy bread rolls, split
- Step 1Place the spices, brown sugar, oil and tomato passata in a small saucepan with some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until thickened. Transfer to a bowl, add the shredded turkey, and toss to combine. Allow to cool slightly.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place tomato, cucumber, onion and mint in a bowl and toss with half the lime juice. Season and set aside.
- Step 3Mash the avocado with the garlic and remaining lime juice. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Step 4Spread avocado mixture on the base of the rolls, then fill with lettuce, turkey mixture and some tomato salsa. Serve with remaining tomato salsa.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Smoked paprika (pimenton) is from delis and gourmet food shops. Passata (sieved tomatoes) is from supermarkets.
- Author: Jessica Brook & Phoebe Wood
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au