- 3 cups cooked Basic mince (see notes)
- 40g sachet taco seasoning mix
- 2 x 30cm purchased pizza bases
- 140g tub tomato paste
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- Corn chips, to serve
- Light sour cream, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Heat mince and taco seasoning in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is warmed through.
- Step 2Place pizza bases onto prepared baking trays. Spread tomato paste over bases. Spoon 1 1/2 cups of mince mixture over each pizza. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Step 3Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, swapping pizzas over after 7 minutes, or until pizza bases are crisp and cheese is melted.
- Step 4Combine avocado and coriander. Remove pizzas from oven. Top with corn chips, avocado mixture and sour cream. Serve immediately.
- High fibre
To make basic mince (makes 8 cups): Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 finely chopped onion, 1 stick celery, and 1 red and 1 green capsicum. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add 1kg lean beef mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Add 400g can chopped Italian tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until thick.
Use immediately or allow to cool completely then freeze for up to 3 months in a container just large enough to hold mince.
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas