- olive oil cooking spray
- 350g extra-lean beef mince
- 2 x 125g cans red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 35g packet taco seasoning mixture
- 2 x 24cm pizza bases
- 40g 50% reduced-fat cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- mixed salad greens, to serve
- 1/2 large avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Lightly spray with oil. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
- Step 2Stir in beans and seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Step 3Place pizza bases on oven trays. Spread over beef mixture. Top with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until bases are crisp and cheese melted. Remove to chopping board.
- Step 4Meanwhile, make guacamole. Combine avocado, cottage cheese, lemon juice, onion and garlic in a bowl. Mash with a fork to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5Dollop pizzas with guacamole. Sprinkle with coriander. Cut into wedges. Serve with salad greens.
For an extra ‘kick’, drizzle pizzas with sweet chilli sauce just before serving. Serve with light sour cream. You could use Lebanese bread instead of the pizza bases. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp.
- Author: Amanda Lennon
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas