Author Notes: Crispy roasted sweet potato, poblano chile, and spicy chorizo hash topped with a fried egg, crumbled asadero cheese, and thinly sliced avocado. —Riley Wofford0
Mexican Chorizo and Sweet Potato HashPrint Recipe
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound chorizo, casings removed
- 2 poblano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 fried eggs
- 1 cup crumbled Asadero cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Toss the sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and arrange in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until cooked through. Add the poblano chiles, bell peppers, and shallots, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the spinach, cilantro, and butter and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the spinach is wilted. Stir in the sweet potatoes.
- To serve, transfer the hash to plates. Place one fried egg over each plate and top with the cheese and avocado slices.