- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 420g can corn, rinsed, drained
- 2 x 420g cans Heinz® Beanz Creationz™ Medium Salsa Chilli Beanz
- 320g (2 cups) shredded barbecue chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 8 slices crusty bread
- 75g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 100g (1 cup) pizza cheese
- Step 1Heat oil in a large pan on medium. Cook onion and celery for 5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and cumin and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add stock and corn and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add Beanz Creationz™ and simmer for 5 minutes. Str through chicken and parsley.
- Step 2Meanwhile, make coriander toasts. Preheat grill to high. Place bread on an oven tray and grill for 1-2 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove from grill. Mix butter and coriander together and spread over untoasted side of bread. Scatter over cheese. Return to grill for 3-5 minutes, until bubbling and golden.
- Step 3Ladle soup into bowls. Serve with coriander toasts.
- Author: Mandy Sinclair
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Taste.com.au