- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 700g beef chuck steak , trimmed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 2 long green chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 cup Massel beef stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 (550g) fresh corn cobs, trimmed, husks removed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- Flour tortillas, warmed, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 2Heat remaining oil in dish. Add capsicum and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until capsicum has softened. Add paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Step 3Return beef and juices to pan. Add stock and tomato. Cover. Bring to the boil. Transfer dish to oven. Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes. Stir in beans. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Step 4Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add corn. Cook for 4 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool. Using a small sharp knife, cut kernels from cobs. Place corn, onion and coriander in a bowl. Toss to combine. Serve beef mixture with tortillas and corn mixture.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas