- 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 limes
- 450g beef rump steak, trimmed
- 35g packet taco seasoning
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 310g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pumpkin in a roasting pan. Spray with oil. Roast, shaking pan occasionally, for 15 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue plate or chargrill on medium heat. Juice 2 limes and set aside. Sprinkle beef with taco seasoning. Spray with oil. Cook for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove to a plate. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cut remaining limes in half. Cook, cut side down, for 1 minute or until slightly charred.
- Step 4Place pumpkin in a bowl. Add beans, corn, coriander, onion, garlic and reserved lime juice. Thinly slice beef. Add to pumpkin mixture. Toss to combine. Serve with lime halves.
- High fibre
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Amanda Lennon
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas