- 800g beef eye round roast
- 1/2 x 40g sachet chilli con carne recipe base
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon sliced pickled jalapenos, finely chopped (optional)
- 8 mini white corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce, to serve
- Reduced-fat grated cheddar, to serve
- Step 1Place beef in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Sprinkle with seasoning. Rub all over to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour, if time permits.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place beef on prepared tray. Roast for 45 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add tomatoes and garlic. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until charred and garlic is tender. Peel garlic. Place tomatoes and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in onion, coriander and jalapenos.
- Step 4Thinly slice beef. Serve beef with tortillas, salsa, lettuce and cheese.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Prepare in advance: Follow steps 1 and 3 of the recipe. Cover beef. Spoon salsa into an airtight container. Refrigerate beef and salsa for up to 3 days.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Craig Wall & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas