- 250g fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 x 20g frozen spinach cubes, thawed, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped red and yellow chargrilled capsicum
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Combine ricotta, egg, spinach, olives and capsicum in a bowl.
- Step 2Cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares. Place squares, 4cm apart, on prepared trays. Using a small knife, cut a 2cm border around each square, being careful not to cut the whole way through. Prick square all over with a fork.
- Step 3Spread 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture inside each square. Sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons parmesan. Season with pepper. Cook for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed. Serve with salad leaves.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas