- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, trimmed, thinly sliced, fronds reserved (see note)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 800g desiree potatoes, cut into 3cm pieces
- 4 (200g each) boneless white fish fillets (such as ling, blue-eye or perch), cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 cup green olives
- Step 1Heat oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add fennel and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Step 2Add wine. Bring to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add tomato, stock, potato and 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to mediumlow. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Step 3Add fish and olives. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Serve sprinkled with reserved fennel fronds.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
You could use 1 large fennel bulb instead of 2 baby bulbs.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas