- 600g veal mince
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- Cooked risoni (see note), to serve
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Combine veal mince, basil, lemon rind, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Using wet hands, roll mixture into small balls.
- Step 2Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray meatballs with oil. Cook, in batches, shaking pan, for 5 minutes or until browned. Keep warm.
- Step 3Whisk yolks, remaining 1/4 cup of juice and cornflour in a jug. Add stock. Pour into frying pan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat, until thickened slightly.
- Step 4Serve meatballs and sauce on risoni, topped with basil.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Note: Risoni is rice-shaped pasta. You can also use pasta shapes such as shells, bow ties or macaroni.
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara & Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas