- 250g pork mince
- 250g veal mince
- 1 brown onion, grated
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated Parmesan
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Bertolli olive oil
- 700ml jar Ardmona Italian cooking sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 500g spaghetti
- Parmesan shavings, to serve
- Step 1Combine the minces, onion, breadcrumbs and parmesan in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into small balls.
- Step 2Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning, for 3-4 minutes until well browned. Add the cooking sauce and 1/2 cup (125ml) water to the pan. Simmer, partially covered, for 15-20 minutes until the meatballs are cooked. Stir in the sugar.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a saucepan of boiling water according to packet instructions or until al dente. Drain.
- Step 4Add the meatballs and sauce to the spaghetti and toss gently to combine. Serve with parmesan.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Sue Ferris
- Publication: Fresh Living