- 250g veal mince
- 250g pork mince
- 1/2 cup uncooked risoni (see note)
- 1 brown onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 700g Italian passata (or sugocasa) sauce (see note)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- dressed salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine veal and pork mince, risoni, onion, garlic, basil, thyme, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Step 2Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place into a greased, 26cm x 19cm base measurement ceramic ovenproof dish in a single layer.
- Step 3Drizzle passata sauce over meatballs and sprinkle with cheeses. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until meatballs are cooked and cheese is golden. Serve with salad.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Risoni is a small, rice-shaped pasta and is available in the pasta section of supermarkets. Sugocasa sauce is a pre-prepared tomato sauce available in a glass bottle in the supermarket.
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas