- 250g beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (35g) fresh breadcrumbs (made with day-old bread)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Mignonette lettuce leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced lengthways
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Hummus, yoghurt, sweet chilli sauce or tomato sauce, to serve
- Step 1Combine the beef, onion, tomato paste, breadcrumbs and chives in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Roll tablespoonfuls of beef mixture into balls; place on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes to rest.
- Step 2Heat a large non-stick pan over high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, for 6-8 minutes or until brown all over and cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Step 3Place lettuce in an airtight container. Top with cucumber and tomatoes. Top with the meatballs. Serve with hummus, yoghurt, sweet chilli or tomato sauce.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Chris Chen
- Publication: Notebook: