- 400g lean beef mince
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup (80g) fresh ricotta
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500g long pasta (we used mparrettati)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons baby capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- Step 1Place the mince, parmesan, ricotta, egg and breadcrumbs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine, then roll into 24 walnut-sized balls. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, for the salsa verde, place garlic, capers, anchovies, mustard and vinegar in a food processor. Roughly chop herbs, then add to the processor and pulse until a coarse paste. With the motor running, add oil in a thin, steady stream until smooth and emulsified. Season and set aside.
- Step 3Heat oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. In batches, cook meatballs, turning, for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Step 4Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions or until al dente. Drain.
- Step 5Toss the pasta with the meatballs and salsa verde. Divide among bowls, sprinkle with extra parmesan and serve.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jessica Brook & Phoebe Wood
- Image credit: Mark Roper
- Publication: Taste.com.au