- 375g packet fresh fettuccine pasta
- 4 (500g) veal schnitzels (uncrumbed)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g butter
- 200g sliced button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup marsala (see note)
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 75g baby spinach
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cut each schnitzel into 3 pieces. Place flour in a shallow dish. Season with salt and pepper. Coat each piece of veal in flour, shaking off excess. Heat oil and half the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Step 3Cook veal, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until light golden. Transfer to a plate. Cover. Set aside.
- Step 4Add mushroom and stock to pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Add marsala and cream. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium. Return veal to pan with spinach. Stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes or until spinach has just wilted.
- Step 5Add remaining butter to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss over low heat until butter has melted. Serve pasta with veal mixture.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Marsala is a sweet fortified Italian wine. It is available from most bottle shops.
- Author: Annette Forrest
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas