- 2.6kg leg of lamb
- 330g (1 cup) St Dalfour Orange Marmalade
- 60ml (1/4 cup) brandy
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- Step 1Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Use a sharp knife to score the lamb crossways, curving the scores slightly. Place in the lined pan.
- Step 2Combine the marmalade, brandy, rosemary and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Drizzle over the lamb. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 160C. Pour the water around the lamb. Roast, basting occasionally with pan juices, for 2 hours to 2 hours 15 minutes for medium or until the lamb is cooked to your liking. Set aside for 20 minutes to rest before carving.
Picnic tip: Roast the lamb in the morning of the picnic. After resting the meat, carve and transport the slices in an airtight container in a chiller bag.
Preparation time excludes overnight marinating and 20 mins resting time.
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Colin Cooke & Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste