- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 150g feta, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 300g pasta spirals or penne rigate
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Step 1Place olives and feta into a glass or ceramic bowl. Flatten garlic with the side of a large knife. Remove skin and slice. Add garlic, thyme and chilli to olives and feta. Drizzle with oil. Toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 2 days.
- Step 2Remove from fridge 30 minutes before serving (don’t worry if oil has solidified slightly).
- Step 3Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender (approx 12 min). Drain. Return to saucepan.
- Step 4Discard garlic from olives and feta. Add olives, feta, oil, and salt and pepper to pasta with tomatoes. Toss over low heat until warm. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
The marinated feta and olives could also be used as part of an antipasto platter.
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas