Author Notes: These goodies are a nice little host or hostess gift with a tiny boost of caffeine, and who doesn’t love chocolate? I like the combination of crunchy, salty, sweet and the slightly bitter taste that the coffee imparts. —Bevi
Makes: 40 to 50 chocolate covered almonds
40 to 50
Roasted and Salted Marcona Almonds (Costco sells a good product)
ounces Premium baking bar of white chocolate, chopped finely
tablespoon Strong, hot black coffee
cup Fresh coarsely ground coffee beans
- Assemble all your ingredients.
- Put 3/4 of the chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave. When it is melted, ( it took me two 30-second passes) take the chocolate out and stir. Immediately add the rest of the chocolate and stir well.
- After you stir the melted chocolate, immediately add the tablespoon of coffee and keep stirring.
- Start dipping the almonds in the melted chocolate/coffee mixture. Work quickly because the chocolate may seize in a matter of minutes.
- Using a fork, place the chocolate-dipped almonds on a parchment-lined tray. Immediately sprinkle the ground coffee beans on the almonds.
- Let the almonds set until hardened, and serve as treats, or use in other recipes as garnish.