- 2/3 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 150g butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Double cream, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pecans on prepared tray. Drizzle with syrup. Bake for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2Line a 3cm-deep, 19cm x 29cm (base) slice pan with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan.
- Step 3Place butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until melted and combined. Set aside for 10 minutes. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Sift flour and cocoa over chocolate mixture. Stir to combine.
- Step 4Pour brownie mixture into pan. Top with pecans. Bake for 25 minutes or until just set.
- Step 5Set aside to cool before cutting into pieces. Serve with cream.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas