- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 chicken marylands or 1.2kg chicken drumsticks
- 2 (about 1kg) celeriac, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 5 strips orange rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 1 garlic bulb, halved crossways
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C. Heat oil in a large roasting pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken. Cook, turning, for 6 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 2Combine celeriac, onion, thyme, orange rind, maple syrup and garlic in a large bowl. Season. Transfer to the pan. Top with the chicken.
- Step 3Roast, basting once, for 40 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Roast the vegetables for a further 10 minutes or until tender.
- High fibre
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Why celeriac? Low in kilojoules and an excellent source of vitamin B and dietary fibre.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Australian Good Taste