- 250g mascarpone
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) thickened cream
- 1/2 cup (125ml) passionfruit pulp, strained
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Malibu coconut rum (optional – see tip)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pineapple juice
- 12 savoiardi sponge finger biscuits
- 1 mango, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 120g fresh raspberries
- 1 mango, extra, thinly sliced, to serve
- Passionfruit pulp, extra, to serve
- Mint leaves, to serve
- Step 1Line the base and sides of a 7cm-deep, 9cm x 21cm straight-sided loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing sides to overhang.
- Step 2Place mascarpone, sugar, lime juice, half the cream and half the passionfruit pulp in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined and mixture thickens slightly.
- Step 3Combine rum, pineapple juice and remaining passionfruit pulp in a shallow bowl. Dip 1 biscuit in the rum mixture and turn to coat. Place in the prepared pan. Repeat with rum mixture and 3 of the remaining biscuits. Spoon over half of the mascarpone mixture and top with half the chopped mango and raspberries.
- Step 4Repeat with the rum mixture, 4 of the remaining biscuits, remaining mascarpone mixture and remaining chopped mango and raspberries. Soak remaining biscuits in the remaining rum mixture. Arrange over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 6 hours to set.
- Step 5Carefully turn the cake onto a serving platter and remove plastic wrap. Use a small palette knife to smooth the sides.
- Step 6Use an electric mixer to whisk the remaining cream in a bowl until firm peaks form. Spoon over the top of the cake. Arrange the sliced mango on top. Drizzle with extra passionfruit pulp and sprinkle with mint leaves to serve.
- High fibre
- Lower gi
MOCKTAIL FRIDGE CAKE: This celebration cake is inspired by tropical cocktails and Italian tiramisu, which often contains a small amount of alcohol. To make a mocktail version, just omit the rum and increase the pineapple juice to 1/2 cup (125ml).
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles