- 500g box frozen chopped mango (see note)
- 270ml can coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
Candied lime rind
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- Step 1Process mango, coconut cream, lime juice and sugar in a food processor until smooth. Spoon mixture into a 6cm-deep, 9cm x 19cm (base) loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight or until firm.
- Step 2Meanwhile, make Candied lime rind Using a small, sharp knife, cut rind from limes, removing any white pith. Cut lime rind into thin strips. Place sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to the boil. Add lime rind. Boil for 3 to 4 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly and rind is tender. Using tongs, transfer rind to a plate lined with baking paper. Cool.
- Step 3Scoop sorbet into serving glasses. Top with candied lime rind. Serve immediately.
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
You can find frozen mango in the frozen fruit section of most major supermarkets. Alternatively, you can use canned mangoes, drained, or fresh mangoes when in season and freeze before using.
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Super Food Ideas