- 125g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 375g pkt milk chocolate melts, melted
- Yellow sprinkles, to decorate
- 375g pkt white chocolate melts, melted
- Hundreds and thousands, to decorate
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg and beat just until combined. Stir in the flour until well combined.
- Step 2Roll 3 teaspoons of the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 20cm-long log. Transfer to 1 prepared tray. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Step 3Bake 2 trays, swapping halfway through cooking, for 10-12 minutes or until pale golden. Cool completely on the trays. Repeat with remaining tray.
- Step 4Dip half of 1 wand into the milk chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Hold over a large plate and sprinkle with yellow sprinkles. Transfer to a lined tray. Repeat with half the remaining wands. Set aside for 30 minutes or until set.
- Step 5Repeat with the remaining wands, white chocolate and hundreds and thousands.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Gemma Luongo
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste