- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 240g (2 cups) express long-grain 6-minute cooking rice (Sunrice brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 270g (about 2 cups) frozen vegetable
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Madras curry paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 (about 150g each) firm white fish fillets (like silver warehou or ling)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- Step 1Cover and bring the water to the boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add rice and turmeric, and stir to combine. Cover and return to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, partially covered, without stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in vegetables and simmer, covered, for a further 4-5 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender. Remove the lid and use a fork to fluff the grains of rice. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine the curry paste and lemon juice in a small bowl. Brush the mixture over both sides of the fish fillets. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the fish fillets for 1-2 minutes each side or until the flesh flakes with a fork.
- Step 3Spoon the turmeric & vegetable rice evenly among serving plates. Serve immediately with the fish and lemon wedges.
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kerrie Mullins
- Image credit: Con Poulos
- Publication: Australian Good Taste