- 375g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (500g) chicken breast fillets (see note)
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 375ml can Carnation Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 100g baby spinach
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Step 1Cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 to 7 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a board. Thinly slice. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes or until tomatoes have just softened. Add evaporated milk, thyme and chives. Season with pepper. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Add chicken, spinach and milk mixture to pasta. Toss to combine. Top with parmesan. Serve.
- Low fat
Use skinless chicken breast fillets.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas