- 500g linguine
- 200g thinly sliced pancetta
- 200g punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 60g shaved parmesan
- Step 1Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions. Drain and return to the pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Place the pancetta on a baking tray and cook under grill for 2-3 minutes each side or until crisp. Set aside to cool slightly. Break into pieces.
- Step 3Add the pancetta, tomato, parsley, oil, garlic, lemon rind and lemon juice to the pasta. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among serving dishes and top with the parmesan.
- Low sugar
With a twist: Chicken linguine with lemon and cream: At the end of step 2, heat 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream in a saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the cream reduces slightly. Stir in 200g (2 cups) shredded cooked chicken. Continue from step 3.
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste