- 3 limes, 1 zested, 2 sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 60g butter, melted
- 4 x 200g pieces kingfish, pin-boned, skin on
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 6cm piece ginger, cut into julienne (matchsticks)
- 500g green beans, trimmed
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, cut into julienne (matchsticks)
- 45g (1/3 cup) roughly chopped roasted peanuts
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220C. Place lime zest, garlic and butter in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper, then stir to combine.
- Step 2Place lime slices in rows in base of a small roasting pan. Top with fish, skin-side down, then brush with lime butter. Pour 60ml (1/4 cup) water into pan, cover tightly with foil, then cook for 15 minutes or until just cooked. Remove foil and rest fish for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, place oil and ginger in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium–high heat for 3 minutes or until ginger is golden. Drain on paper towel. Reserve 60ml (1/4 cup) ginger oil to make bean salad and reserve remainder for another use.
- Step 4Cook beans in a pan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl, add reserved 60ml (1/4 cup) ginger oil, chilli and half each of the ginger and peanuts. Season and toss to combine.
- Step 5Divide lime slices, fish and bean salad among plates. Drizzle fish with any remaining lime butter. Scatter salad with remaining ginger and peanuts to serve.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Tips: For a variation, substitute lemons for the limes and cashews for the peanuts.
Or add 1 bunch peeled, trimmed baby (Dutch) carrots to the beans in step 4.
- Author: Dominic Smith
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: MasterChef