- 800 kj Energy
- 5g Fat Total
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 10g Fibre
- 12g Protein
- 53.39mg Sodium
- 8g Carbs (sugar)
- 19g Carbs (total)
Lentil, spinach & tomato saladPrint Recipe
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 4 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 100g flat beans, topped, cut into 2cm lengths diagonally
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Sliced crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Place the lentils, tomato, spinach, beans, carrot, cucumber and parsley in a large bowl and gently toss until just combined.
- Step 2Use a balloon whisk to whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, oil and garlic in a small bowl. Season with pepper.
- Step 3Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined. Divide the salad among serving bowls. Serve with crusty bread.
This hearty salad also works well as a side dish for a barbecue. For a different flavour, swap the brown lentils for canned chickpeas.
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste