- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced diagonally
- 1 litre Massel beef style liquid stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Step 1Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the carrot, celery, leek and zucchini and cook for 3 minutes or until just tender. Add stock and tomatoes, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a non stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add the chorizo and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Step 3Add lentils and chickpeas along with salt and pepper to the soup and cook for 3 minutes. Serve soup topped with chorizo and crusty bread.
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kate Murdoch
- Image credit: Oliver Ford
- Publication: Taste.com.au